Decided to keep my to-do list in a blog post, so I can refer to it at any time and keep it updated easily.
- Finish revamping Creature categories.
- First phase of creature page revamps is complete, second phase has started with more infobox integration and cleanup.
- Finish adding abilities, location, nearby enemies, loot, loot tables, and images.
- Finish/polish the Creature Template (Pretty sure it has everything it needs? May need to add more property values.)
- Finish the Item Infobox Template, make it live across all Item
- Update items in Category:Legacy so that they're moved to Category:Legacy Items.
- Implement loot tables, add them to relevant creature/item pages.
- Finish Category:Resources.
- Update Category:NPC to use new Template:Infobox:NPC.
- Finish revamping Creature categories.
Yes, I am fully aware I'm one of very few active people here. Just figured I'd leave a little message explaining my recent situation, and explain a few things that don't seem to be too obvious to others.
- I go to college, full-time. This is on my profile. I am currently preparing to finish a professional portfolio. This eats up a lot of my time and stresses me out constantly, but hey, I graduate this summer. I'll have lots more time to dedicate to wiki-editing then.
- I am temporarily away from Istaria. Some events at the end of last year made the game a stressful environment for me, and when I tried to come back a month or two later, the people treated me rather terribly and it was no longer a fun experience! So I decided to take a break, sin…
A lot of things done on the Adventure Schools and Abilities, and still much left to do. A lot of changes came with the last content update, and the "ToDo" list did grow a lot. There are still some things I need to add to the schools and this will keep me busy for some time.Read more >
A lot changed since I've done a longer break again. As the emblems got changed a lot I did a overhaul of the emblems page. It might not be complete, but it's far better then the old list.Read more >
Decided to make this blog post to highlight some important changes to the Wiki.
- After looking through the Spell Tier Definition category, I've realized that most, if not all of these pages are largely useless. The information given on them is already given in the pages for each spell line (e.g. Use characteristics on Raise Power), so they are nothing but small-page clutter. I'm going to delete these as all information found on them is on the spell line pages. The small pages give information for the table templates within the spell line pages, when it could very simply be summed up within a table, period.
Calling all MMO fans!
I'm excited to announce that Wikia will be creating a Key Moments in MMO History video. This video will give viewers insight on some of the genre's best games, and the best moments from those games. We want to know which moments of Istaria history have resonated with players the most!
What is the most important moment in Istaria History?
(For example, was it the introduction of a new expansion? Perhaps the defeat of a major dungeon or boss? An amazing faction-vs-faction war?) We want to hear your opinions to help bring this video to life!
Please submit your comments below. If you would like to personally be featured in the video, record your comment as an audio narration. Your comment could be used to highlight the entire I…Read more >
Just thinking about this wiki and how horribly structured it is, even after my attempts to organize and correct things (though I attempted this when I had a less-than-average understanding of wikitext, not good). It definitely still needs a lot of fixing, mostly to optimize and clean up the wiki and its code as a whole. It's still incredibly hard to navigate, and the information is not exactly conveyed in a clean, easy-to-access manner (especially for editors).
So my plans would be to...
- Completely revamp the coding in templates used. I think I was trying too hard to stick to the base code of the templates that was already present (and was horribly outdated). I will be fixing up said codes again and get them to work in a way that isn't flipp…
Just another category that needs LOTS to be done. I decided to add and update all structures - for the bipeds  and dragons. This may take some time and keep me busy a while.
When this is finished I'll go through all the containers (disks, satchels, backpacks...), as I think this is another important part of the gear everyone uses. Scales, Claws, Armor, Shields, Jewelry, Weapons and Tools are finished so far. All the Spells needs to be looked at too, I think this have to be done by someone else.
Afterwards I I'll return to the adventure schools again and update alle informations that I've access to.
Inbetween I'll play and have to do my reallife, so no ETA when this may be finished. This WIKI never will have an end, nearly 6.000 pages and a…Read more >
As I wanted to add the Broken Scales and Broken Jewelry I noticed that the Armor, Scales pages needs to be overhauled and the Jewelry is missing at all. So I decided start working on those.Read more >
As I've started leveling again to finish some further adventure schools I will also update some of the ability pages - a lot of stubs there. The wiki needs really a lot of love and work to be done. It seems that this becomes a long term project for me, this will keep me busy quiet a while.Read more >
I've overhauled nearly all existing weapon pages, next I'll get my hands on the tools pages and I'd like to add all the new broken items, this may take some time to do so.
TODO (mainly as a reminder for myself ^^):
- Adding some missing weapons Sslanis Militia Blade, Bat of the Gnerph (done)
- Updating some weapons Galt's Blade (done)
- Updating all Armor pages and changing Item Summary > Armor Summary
- Updating and adding some template pages for Item, Armor, Jewelry, Weapons, Tools...
- Updating Dragon Tool Claw, Prototype Tool Claw, Tools
- Add new Broken Items
Just wanted to mention, on a personal note, that I'll probably be without internet/wiki/Istaria access from the end of September until the end of October. I'll be moving into an apartment closer to my college in Florida (from Hawaii!), so it's an extremely big move that I'll be prepping for. I should still be active for the first few weeks of this month, but I figured I should give some notice before I disappear (as I'm not sure of exact dates).
Thanks everyone for continuing to actively contribute to the wiki, it's a mighty big help!Read more >
I've just now gotten administrator rights today after weeks of waiting, so I was finally able to give the Wiki the visual update it deserved! I've updated the colors, the background, and the logo to boot. I've also gone ahead and overhauled the homepage further than the last time, using some code from other wikis I've frequented.
The only step I have next to do is add sidebar content to the updated homepage, which I will most likely get around to doing tomorrow. Hopefully everyone enjoys the changes! If you have any feedback to provide, please do so in the comments here!Read more >
As some may notice, I have just recently uploaded quite a few images of detailed item descriptions... I have plans to set up a very in-depth item database for the wiki in the future, but until I plan and figure that one out, I'm going to be uploading said item descriptions as they come. Anyone is welcome to help out, of course. Just please make sure that when uploading the screencaps, they aren't very heavily pixelated beforehand and the 1px borders of the item window are visible (honestly this one is just me being picky).
Hopefully no one minds the item spam, haha.Read more >
To help me organize creature pages and help refine the information on said pages, I've compiled a chart to help me know what level equates to each amount of health. Of course, this may vary depending on the creature, but I've found this list to be quite reliable in predicting health ranges.
Read more >
In addition to the color scheme change, I have also updated most templates for Creature and NPC pages. The images for these pages now display within the box, rather than in a separate thumbnail section. But after changing this, most old images get compressed and resized horribly, and it doesn't look very good as a whole.
I've been updating most images, but if anyone else wants to help please keep in mind the following and try to crop the images to match accordingly before uploading them to the site (to avoid the resizing/compression troubles):
Ideal width is 248, or any multiple of that if 248 is not possible (496, 744, 992). Though I would definitely avoid cropping to anything aside from 248.
Height can be anything really, but I advise keeping …Read more >
I made a nice color scheme using Color Scheme Designer, based off of the colors that the Istaria community site uses. This will be the scheme I'll be using throughout the wiki as I edit pages and templates, and I hope others like it as much as I do.
FFE5CC F4CAA0 CC9966 A56F3A 7C4917
These colors complement the colors above, but I have not yet found a way or place to use them. I put them here just in case, since I think they look nice together, and I may find a way to use them more sparingly (if at all). 99B7BE 658E97 41737E 265A66 10414DRead more >