What is Istaria?Edit
Istaria is a mystical persistent fantasy world inhabited by a collection of creatures and the Living Races. Istaria has been invaded by the undead hordes known as the Withered Aegis, and the entire world has been plunged into a perpetual war between the two sides.
What things can I do in Istaria?Edit
There are a large and quite unique set of tasks that can be accomplished in Istaria, including:
- Battling the Withered Aegis and their minions;
- Crafting items;
- Constructing buildings and Dragon lairs;
- Join with other players to complete epic quests; and
- Launch raids into the Eastern Deadlands and Delgarath (high level characters only!)
Can I Play as a Dragon?Edit
Yes. Dragons as player-characters are a unique offering in Istaria, and they have a detailed set of Dragon-specific content in-game. Dragons begin their lives as Hatchlings and can undertake epic quests (and we do mean epic!) to become Adult and eventually Ancient dragons by undergoing the Rite of Passage and Ancient Rite of Passage quests.
And, of course, Dragons can fly. And not just the "press a button and a cut-scene starts", but *you* fly your Dragon!
It is possible to play a dragon on a 14 day trial or any paid subscription; it is NOT possible to play a dragon while you are on a free subscription (see Istaria Sign-up).
What sort of Characters can I have?Edit
How do I Travel?Edit
There are several ways to travel the lands of Istaria:
- Walk/run. If you travel via roads, then you automatically receive the Road Bonus
- Dragons can Fly when they reach Adulthood via the Rite of Passage
- Use the Travel Gates to travel to other locations
- Use the Recall ability to instantly teleport to the Shrine you are bound to. You can only bind to one Shrine at a time.
What are Training Points, and how should I use them?Edit
Training Points are awarded to characters once they increase their level. They can be spent to improve your character.
Are there Epic Items I can quest for?Edit
What are Trinkets?Edit
What Operating Systems will Istaria run on?Edit
Istaria can run on:
- Windows XP SP2 or above
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
Players have also used other operating systems to successfully run Istaria, but these are not officially supported.